Judo (Day 27)

Today was my second time doing judo at school.  My school has a "kakutogi shitsu", martial arts room, that is used by many of the martial arts teams such as the judo and karate team.  We also have another separate sumo dojo.  The martial arts room has a "tatami", bamboo, floor.  Although tatami floors are very traditional and look very nice, it could leave pretty bad feet called "tako", octopus, on your feet.  It is called tako because the burns are red, and look like a bump on your feet.  I got one tako.
Today is the last day with my older host brother Syunnsuke because he is going to an overnight handball tournament with his school.  Yesterday was also the last day with my host grandmother and father.  They are on a overnight vacation at a temple to take care of the grave.  It is very strange to think that my time with my first host family is coming to an end soon, and that I will have to get used to a completely new system at my next host family.

Comments

  1. It is indeed amazing that you have been in Japan for almost an entire month
    and continue to have so many interesting things to do. Is Judo part of the school day or an after school activity? Pop Pop and I continue to enjoy reading your blog posts.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment