Takoyaki (Day 7)

It has been exactly one week since I arrived in Japan, but it feels like it has been a lot longer.  I feel weirdly comfortable, and have a schedule and routine.  I'm not sure why I feel so comfortable even though I only moved into my host family 3 days ago, only went to school for 2 days, and lived in a different country for 7 days.  I have more of a schedule here than I have in the US which is very strange.  I wake up at 7, leave the house at 7:40, go to class, and come home at 5.  It feels very normal.
School went smoothly today, and I am starting to get used to the way things run.  I am slowly growing more comfortable in my school environment.  I am still amazed at the amount the students in my class like to talk.  This is good because I was expecting my classmates to be more reserved and harder to talk to.  In my past experience going to Japanese school the kids are usually a little more shy about talking to new people, but the way people approach me at Minoshima makes it a lot easier to make friends.  After school I played shogi, Japanese chess, with my homeroom teacher.  He was very good, and I lost.  Afterwards I went to okuwa again, and I had "takoyaki", octopus ball.  It is kind of like a pancake coating with a piece of octopus in the middle.  An old friend of mine worked part time there and goes to Minoshima and I did not recognize her because she was wearing a mask, but she came up to me later and told me who she was.  I was surprised because I haven't seen her in many years.  I got home a little after 5 and played with my host brothers.

Takoyaki

Comments

  1. Replies
    1. Nah its good even though it might not sound it. It's just octopus with a pancake outside

      Delete
  2. Glad you are getting up at 7AM every day. Let's keep that routine after you come back home!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Replies
    1. Who is this??? Sorry it is marking you as unknown...

      Delete

Post a Comment