Big Fishing Day (Day 51)

This morning I went fishing with Miguel.  We were catching aji and saba.  There was also a type of fish called Isagi.  Isagi is a large yellow finned fish that is fairly expensive to buy.  Miguel went home at around 5 then Ryousuke my old host brother came fishing with his friends.  I fished with them for a little.  In the end I was able to get some koaji, saba, isagi, and gashira.  Not too bad.  It was good to see my old host brother.

Isagi
Me holding Isagi




A corner filled with vending machines
At night after dinner my host dad and I went fishing again for Tachiuo.  It is a large fish.  We used light and other fish as bait.  We were able to catch 3.  It was very fun because the fish puts up a good fight when it is caught.  I was surprised at how long the fish was.  One of the fish was cut in half when I caught it because it was probably eaten by another tachiuo.  When you catch tachiuo you have to kill it before taking the needle out.  We finished at around 2:30 am.





Comments