Tea (Day 54)

Today I missed the train again by 5 minutes.  Today was our last gym class because we have "suiei", swimming, for the rest of the first term.  We played table tennis.  After school Miguel and I went to Okuwa to get ice cream since it was very hot.  The term examinations are in two days, and I have a lot of studying to do.  Miguel and Kanon both came over to my grandma's today.  Afterwards, I played table tennis with Haru and studied.  My host grandma decided to make traditional Japanese matcha.  There is very many rules when making and drinking this tea.  For example after whisking you must finish by making the letter "no", の, and knocking off the excess from the whisk and when drinking you have to find the "keshiki", view, of the cup and turn it twice clockwise.  You also have to drink the little bubbles on the bottom at the end by slurping, once you start to drink you have to finish the tea before putting it down.  Those are just some of the rules just to name a few.  I could keep going, but it will take a ridiculously long time.  I whisked most of the tea.  It came out significantly better than I expected.  I learned how to do a traditional tea ceremony in pre-school and KIDS, but have not done it in a very long time.  It was fun to do it again.





Comments