Hamazushi (Day 56)

My host grandma dropped me off at school today because of the typhoon this morning.  It is not a large typhoon, and we have now entered tsuyu.  This morning I had my Japanese and home economics tests.  I think that I passed both.  Because of testing we had half days, and I went to get lunch with Miguel before taking the train home.  The rain was insane, and Mami-san, my host mother's sister, picked me up at the train station.  At night we went to Hamasushi which is conveyor belt sushi.  The sushi comes around on a belt.  Many of my classmates work at there.  I saw 2 of them.  The check in is done by an robot that talks to you.  It is named pepper.  Haru and I competed who can eat more, and I lost by four plates 22-17.  Mami and Aoto were also there.  I think that I am moving into my grandma's house on Saturday morning and moving to my next host family on Sunday.

Miguel walking home

Aoto with the automatic check in robot "Pepper"


Not sure how I ended up looking like this
Mami san and I
Aoto and I




Comments