Arida Tanken (Exploration) (Day 23)

This morning I had table tennis practice at 8:30 in the morning.  I woke up at 8, so I had to rush out of the door to get to school.  It takes me usually 20 minutes to get to school, but today I got there in about 12 minutes.  After practice I went to Okuwa with Miguel.  I had yakisoba for lunch.
Yakisoba
Some members from the kendo club came and talked to me.  That afternoon I spent my time with one of the members from the kendo club and Miguel.  The person from the kendo club's name is Nimu.  We went to the dollar shop upstairs and looked at all the weird snacks there.  We found pickled garlic, wasabi pretzels, butter soy sauce chips, wasabi drops, and soy sauce drops.
Pickled garlic

Wasabi Pretzel

Butter Soy Sauce Chips

Wasabi drops

Soy Sauce drops
Afterwards Miguel had to go to his sister's house, so Nimu and I went on a bike ride.  We went about 8 miles. 
We first went to the Mitsubishi factory.  It was a very big factory.  The factory had many buildings and a shrine.  When we stopped in front of the factory we were pushed away by security, so I went on top of a bridge to get this picture.
Mitsubishi factory
Then we went over the Arida Ouhashi (bridge) into Miyazaki-cho.  It was very beautiful because it is right where the Arida River meets the ocean and the sun was setting.
The view from the top of the bridge
There is not much in Miyazaki, but the roads are very small.  Every time I try to explain how small Japanese roads are nobody believes me, so now I have an evidence picture.  This picture is of my entire wingspan.  Cars, motorcycles, pedestrians, and bicycles all use this type of road.  It is pretty amazing.
My entire wingspan does not even fit in the road
Then I biked home because it was almost time for dinner.  Today was an extremely full day, and I have to rest for another full day tomorrow.

Comments

Post a Comment