Earthquake (Day 28)

This morning I forgot to set my alarm, but that was fine because I was awoken by an earthquake.  The earthquake only lasted about 10 or 20 seconds, but it was enough to wake me up.  Since it was only a small earthquake I do not know how strong it was, but I think that it was around magnitude 2.  Earthquakes are pretty common, but I still am not a fan of them.  Earthquakes sound almost like a bomb.  The earthquake its self has a rumbling and then there is also the rumbling of the buildings.  The earthquake was at around 5:30 am, so I did not even get out of bed.  I woke up again at around 7 to go to school.  Even though I have gone to school in Japan many times, I am still surprised at the way that it functions without adults or teachers monitoring every move.  About half the time the we are on our own, and are expected to be back as the teacher comes in.  Before and after each class we stand up and bow before sitting down.  In Japan manners are really important.

Comments

  1. I am glad it was not a big earthquake! There was one in Kyoto a week ago or so, so my guess is that it may continue to come back. Please be careful especially if you are on the bridge or near the beach. おばあちゃんちに週末に帰ったらまたライン連絡してください。元気でね!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. 寄与付けておか、おばあちゃんの家に戻ったらラインすら。

      Delete
  2. That is quite a way to be awakened! Glad all is fine. It is interesting that the students are on their own without as much supervision as here and the system works so well. Good manners can make things pleasant for everyone.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good manners can make things run smoothly. I was a little surprised at the way I was awoken, but am now pretty used to these things now.

      Delete

Post a Comment