Shizen Tankentai Day 2 (Day 95)

This morning I woke up at 6:45 to get ready for the morning ceremony.  I had to help get the elementary students out of the rooms and outside by the flagpole lined up by 7.  The morning ceremony consisted of radio exercise and introducing ourselves to the other groups that were there.  We then prepared for the cutter boat.  A cutter boat is like a huge canoe that you row with many people.  It was extremely exhausting and hot.  We went about 1.5 kilometers in the ocean.  Then we left for Kyoto.  In Kyoto we made matcha at the oldest matcha store in Japan.  The person that taught us had 6 dan in matcha making which is very high.  My matcha made clean bubbles which means that it is good.  Kyoto was very interesting because it still looks like old Japan, but has many tourists.  We got home at around 7:15 and Hirohito and my parents were waiting for me.  Hirohito is Rika's (mom's friend) son.  I had not seen him for about two years and he had grown a lot.  He is from Kyoto.  We had curry and soumen for dinner together.



The oldest matcha store in Japan.
It is 500 years old
The stairs that we climbed to get to the bus




Me poking my head out at the wrong time on the bus

Comments

  1. It sounds like a very interesting few days before you leave for home!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment